Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Growing up

If you were to walk into The Little House, you may notice that the inside of the door-frames leading in and out of the living room were not painted.
At first glance, you might think I did a shotty job at painting the trim, but if you looked closer, you would see little tick marks up and down them with dates written next to them. 





When we would visit Mawmaw and Pawpaw, which was more days than not, we would have her measure us.  We each had our own side of a door frame.  We had to take off our shoes, put our heels against the door frame, and stand as straight as we could.  If Mawmaw would have let us, we would have done it everyday.  She said we had to wait long enough to grow.

On occasion when we would step away from the door frame and take a look, we had grown at least an inch. I thought those days were just great and I would remember them always.
Now, I don't so much remember those particular days where it was apparent that I had grown, but what I remember is the in-between.  The growing part, I remember.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you remember the growing part. Without a doubt the very best days of my life.
    Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete