Friday, September 17, 2010

Saturday Mornings

Oh how things change when you have to grow up.
When we were little, Momma and Daddy liked to sleep late on Saturdays. My little brother and I would try to sneak into Momma and Daddy's room and scare them on Saturday mornings. We would creep the door open and crawl on the floor until we got to the foot of the bed, then jump up and yell! And of course they would act scared.  Daddy would squeeze Momma tight to 'protect' her, and she would cry "Oh, no! Save me, save me!"  And we would laugh and laugh. Then we would put on skits for them, squeeze in between them, and ruin their quiet time.
Sometimes Momma would even let us use the phone in their bedroom to call our phone number and leave a message on the answering machine. We thought that was so awesome!

But this was my favorite


Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head

Enjoy your Saturday morning!

3 comments:

  1. Oh why don't you just go ahead and make me cry? Those were some of my favorite times also.
    Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest picture ever! Sounds like you have some amazing parents! It was wondeful to meet you and your hubbs this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well beck idk if im just emotional today or what but this made me cry also. all the good memories from our childhood.

    ReplyDelete