Monday, October 4, 2010

Guilty Secret

I have a dirty, guilty little secret.

I have watched the entire series of Gilmore Girls at least 5 times, certain episodes I have watched 10 or more times.


I have the DVR set to record it every day.

While I eat my supper, I want at least one episode.
It's how I unwind from the day.

It makes me crave Chinese food and Mallomars.
I want to read all the great American Classics.
Watch all of Audrey Hepburn's movies.
I want to fix up and run an old inn.
I want to have crazy costume parties.
I want to have weird small town meetings.



Some of my all-time favorite quotes:

Michel (a snotty British concierge): Look, I've had my peace with the fact that everyone who calls here is a notch above brain dead, and that the pennies I am thrown each week are in exchange for me dealing with these people in a nonviolent manner. And usually that is fine, but today, sorry lady, I have ennui.

Luke: Do you wanna know the problem here?
Lorelai: Actually no. I don't like problems. I avoid them when I can and I don't like people pointing them out to me.

Luke:  I don't even like kids. They always have jam on their hands. Even when there isn't any jam in the house, they get jam on their hands. I can't deal with jam hands.

And I will leave you with this
Lorelai: Hey, if that's a crack at my housekeeping skills... well then, okay.


 

2 comments:

  1. I think you've seen the entire series more than 5 times.

    (I've used the line "for the pennies they throw at me each week" in real life....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Kirk, "Is there a kick me sign on my back? It wasn't funny last week and it's not funny now. I have asthma."

    Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete