Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Brown Trim

Last week we made the trip home for Thanksgiving and worked in some Little House renovation time.
My project Wednesday was to re-paint the trim and cabinets.  Before we began the extensive renovation process, this is a peak of what it looked like.



A little spackle (my favorite!) and paint...




It was a MAJOR improvement...but being a girl someone who would like things to be the best they can be, I wasn't satisfied with the color I had picked out.
So, that's what I needed to take care of last Wednesday.
I found black bread color from Kilz, but just had it mixed up with latex semi-gloss paint instead of Kilz primer.
It took longer than I thought it would, but it turned out great!
Just a tip, dark paint is much less forgiving...



We also added a piece of painted trim to the back of the countertop.


I found a strip under the cabinets that had gotten missed during our painting before...



Perhaps leaving it 'sun-burst' yellow wouldn't have been so bad...

3 comments:

  1. It looks great Becky. I'm so glad you changed your mind. The brown is wonderful. I can't help but think about how Maw Maw would love all the things ya'll have done to her little house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job babe!

    Where are the rest of the pictures of you on the floor?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...the rest of the pictures of me on the floor will not be showcased. The power of editing!
    Momma-we talked about that a little and i think she would love it. And we would all cry about it...I know I have.

    ReplyDelete