Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dream Hobby

Since I started school I really haven't had time for a hobby. I liked to scrapbook in high school, but I've gotten so far behind that it would just be a daunting task to start now. Other than hanging out with Michael and Beaux, I really don't do much in my spare time. I started this blog, but I have to do things so I will have something to write about.

However, I think I have discovered my new hobby!
I love to take old furnitue and give it new beauty. It's wonderful to watch the transformation before your eyes. I can't tell you how much fun it is.

I can't tell you how much fun it is because I haven't actually done it yet. It's going on the list of things I plan to do when we move. I think I will love it. I know I will love it. I did enjoy working on the kitchen and extra bedroom in the Little House (minus the total lack of sleep part and the not having a working toilet part). It was great looking at what we had accomplished. Since then I have been obsessed with blogs about taking old houses or furniture and making them new again.

Like the sweet couple at Altar'd who took this
(*I greatly appologize for the mistake in the link that was on there originally. The blog that it was linked to was not the one intended. It seems to be fixed now.)


to this

(And they offer a workshop once a month...hmmm...)


Or like the hilarious duo at The Lettered Cottage who took this


To this


Then to this


Doesn't it make you feel inspired and refreshed?

I don't have the work space or storage space right now to start a project, but I have several planned already for when we move back. In the mean time, I'll keep dreaming and keep telling everyone this is my hobby.

Thank you and good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment