So, while my computer was out of commission I missed a few big days I wanted to post about.
First of which was Momma's birthday and another was Mother's Day.
In our family we have come to understand that you can celebrate any occasion any time you want.
For instance, since Daddy works offshore we have had to celebrate Christmas in November, birthdays when the person of honor is actually 1 year and 12 days older, or Easter before Good Friday.
I'm sure Momma will not be offended in the delay of the posting of the post in her honor.
Still this post is difficult to write.
I have so much to say about my Momma, but I am sometimes without words.
This is my favorite picture of Momma
I thought about writing a short biography or a ballot for her.
However, I believe a list would only be fitting for such a fantastic list maker.
Here are 50 things I love about my Momma, in no particular order, of course.
- Her list making abilities
- Her satisfaction in completing all the things on a list
- The motivation a list gives her to accomplish those things on that list so she can cross them off
- Her zebra striped rubber boots
- The fact that she owns zebra striped rubber boots
- The fact that she bought zebra striped rubber boots specifically for walking in chicken hocky
- Her desire for happiness in the simplicity of life
- Her love of God
- Her love for her family
- Her love of corny jokes
- Her ability to be completely honest without hurting my feelings
- The fact that she doesn't always offer her opinion unless asked
- Her immaculate housekeeping skills
- The touch of OCD
- Her ability to joke and correct some of her OCD tendencies
- Her lack of desire for frivilous things
- For being uninterested in 'drama'
- Her ability to recognize and avoid 'drama'
- The ironic and comical situations she gets into
- Her ability to laugh at those ironic and comical situations
- Her eye color
- The tiny wrinkles she is developing on her hands
- Her appreciation for those wrinkles
- The comedy she finds in getting older
- Her appreciation for hard work
- Her desire to help others in need
- Her never failing love for her family and children
- That she is still in love with her high school sweet-heart
- The fact that her and her high school sweet-heart have been married for over 30 years
- The fact that we can talk and kid about burial plots and life insurance because she has taught me not to fear death because it is not final for those who love the Lord
- Her desire for her funeral to be a celebration because her burial plot will not be her final resting place
- The fact that she wants to be burried facing West because she knows that her God can raise her no matter what direction she is facing
- Her love of acceleration
- Her hope that in Heaven she will get a chance to drive something similar to a race car
- Her cooking
- The smell of her house
- Her notes of encouragement
- Her difficulty in remembering how to copy and paste
- How she watches The Waltons everyday
- The fun she has with the wii
- If the computer doesn't do what she wants and won't turn off, she unplugs it and gets satisfaction
- The enjoyment she finds in mowing the yard
- The satisfaction she gets from leaving straight lines when she mows the yard
- Her generosity to work for me for 3 weeks without pay and would bring me breakfast and insist she pay for lunch too.
- Her appreciation for family heritage
- Her desire to learn
- Her desire to self-educate herself about current events, such as researching the water ways and the reason for possible flooding in areas around the Mississippi River
- Her guidance
- Her wisdom
I love her more and more all the time and hope that I can be as wonderful of a mother some day as she has been to me.